Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kishi Bashi


Kishi Bashi is another artist whose music is synonymous with the word happy. His name may not sound familiar, but I am sure you have at least heard of one of his songs. His single "Bright Whites" was the main song for introducing Windows 8, which they played over and over in probably ever channel (you can see it again below!).
He was born in Seattle, Washington and was a renowned violinist who toured with Regina Spektor, Sondre Lerche, the Athens, and created his own band Jupiter One before going solo. His music can be described as indie, psychedelic, with some Beatles influence.  

Jupiter One

When I watched the original "Bright Whites" music video, I thought it was just a bunch of artsy fartsiness, but when I found out that it was actually created by using over 50 common idioms my perception changed. It was ingenious! Some idioms that I found were: cat caught your tongue, bees knees, break a leg, backseat driver, cost an arm and a leg, kill two birds with one stone... Maybe you can find more! I am not even sure if I know 50 idioms...
If you enjoyed "Bright Whites" you should check out his other song "Manchester". It's another song I cannot stop listening to.

P.s. It's not a music video. So you can just play it in the background if you want :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment